Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced that Final Effects Complete 6 AE (FEC 6 AE) is now available. FEC 6 AE brings over 110 designer effects and transitions to Macintosh and Windows versions of Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CS5, CS4, and CS3. The new release features support for native After Effects lights, on-screen overlay control widgets for streamlined workflow, audio-driven keyframe generation, and a new Compare Mode feature to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source via either a side-by-side or live split-screen view. Each Final Effects Complete filter has been re-engineered for 64-bit operating systems.
Final Effects Complete 6 AE New Feature Highlights
• Adobe CS5 Support. Final Effects Complete 6 AE supports CS5, CS4, and CS3 under 64-bit and 32-bit Macintosh and Windows operating systems.
• Support for Native After Effects Lights. Many popular FEC AE filters such as Mr. Mercury, Bubbles, Ball Action, Hair, and Glue Gun now include support for Adobe After Effects’ native lights, allowing users to create dramatic scene lighting.
• Beat Reactor Technology. Beat Reactor lets users sample specific bands of audio from a clip and use the sampled audio levels to drive FEC effect parameters. This new technology makes it easier to generate audio-driven effects such as a pulsing light or a wipe that follows along with the beat of an audio track.
• Compare Mode. Added to many FEC 6 AE filters, Compare Mode enables users to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source via either a side-by-side view or a live split-screen view. In the side-by-side view, users can view the unfiltered and filtered image result in the composite window as changes are made to the image. In the split-screen view, users can drag the wipe bar anywhere across the image to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source at any zoom level. Additionally, Compare Mode offers the unique ability to view the filtered result with a live filtered layer in the timeline.
• Customizable Animated Presets. This unique feature lets users save and re-use every parameter animation in every FEC 6 AE filter – even across host applications and platforms. The animated presets are saved in industry-standard XML format so that they can be viewed and edited by any XML-compliant text editor.
• On-Screen Overlay Control Widgets. The most commonly-used parameters in many FEC AE filters are now accessible via native on-screen overlay widgets, each with dynamic parameter value displays that update automatically as the widget is adjusted. Color-coded and easy to use, the new widgets allow parameter adjustments while the editor’s eye remains focused on the image.
• All-New Filters include Super Dissolve, RGB Dissolve, and Rectangular Scale Wipe.
• Significant Performance Gains. Every FEC 6 AE filter has been optimized for improved rendering speed on modern computing platforms.
Pricing and Availability
Final Effects Complete 6 AE is available immediately through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct through the Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com for an MSRP of $895 USD. Owners of previous versions of FEC AE may upgrade for an MSRP of $295 USD.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company’s success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony.