The recent annual InfoComm (Pro Audio/Visual) and National Association of Broadcasters (“NAB”) industry trade shows had some interesting, and perhaps surprising trends this year. Each are roughly $12 billion industries on the equipment side – double that amount with services added. Here are a few takeaways from the show:
8. Onward and Upward – Automation and MAM (Media Asset Management).
Most businesses in this sector appear to be doing well with some discussions pointing to a joining of file-based MAM systems and automation functionality. MAM continues to be a fragmented market addressing ingest, production, marketing, distribution, and billing needs to name a few.
9. Enterprise Communications – increasing demand for video.
The use of video continues to expand its relevance in the enterprise, and vendors addressing this vertical market continue to grow at a fast and steady pace. The digital signage market continues to make strides, but continues to be very fragmented. I expect the trade winds to be favorable, with market dynamics flushing out the winners and losers.
Continues @ http://www.ibankerblog.com
Related articles by Zemanta
- Intelligent Archiving (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- The Business Value of Digital Asset Management for Marketing (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)
- DAM is a tool that allows us to find new solutions (digitalassetmanagement.org.uk)