eyeon Software Inc. announced today the shipping release of the highly-anticipated eyeon Connection® bridge to the AVID workflow. Strategically based upon AVID’s AVX2 architecture and eyeon’s 6.4 version release of Fusion™, Connection seamlessly opens the Media Composer®, Symphony™, NewsCutter®, and *Avid DS™ product lines to an infinite degree of creative possibilities.
Since Connection’s announcement at NAB 2012, the professional industry has seen an astounding response from the AVID community, including thousands of emails and forum posts:
“eyeon Fusion Connection AVX plug-in will lead to a better world of node-based compositing from within an Avid interface”
“ka-boom! the nle war escalates, between… fusion and smoke”
“We have used Digital Fusion for years and have always wished our Avid would work like it in the composite modes with the tools of Fusion. We are excited.”
“eyeon Connection. Things are getting very interesting”
“I will 100% be checking it out because this is the game changer I think everyone has been waiting for.”
“Really smart move by eyeon.”
“Fusion for Media Composer & Symphony is the big deal here.”
“It’s very exciting to consider the possibilities. Having text burst into flame then morph into a supermodel–Fusion would definitely be my weapon of choice.”
“Adding Fusion to Avid is somewhat like the ‘connectfx’ nodal possibilities within Smoke2013, but still retaining the editing capabilities of Avid (e.g. Multicam, Audio Scrub, VO punch-in, 5.1 audio, Trimming etc).”
- Supercomputing node-based VFX and Stereoscopic toolsets directly accessed in the AVID timeline, auto-populating AVID clips.
- Simultaneous use of software on systems or network, with concurrent editing/rendering.
- Drag-and-drop simplicity with infinite scalability via 64bit GPU-accelerated compositing and motion graphics.
- Unprecedented Particle generation and access to 3D environment and virtual extensions.
- Server storage and importing/exporting process eliminated.
- Dimension’s optical flow and disparity mapping technologies define a superior level of fix-it-in-post and Stereoscopic solutions.
- VFX processing via multi CPU and GPU.
- Advanced Fusion toolset includes Primatte5.
- Fusion 6.4 delivers transcoding lab controlled by AVID and Fusion.
- HDRI floating point color pipeline.
- ARRI®, RED®, Phantom®, and other native camera formats integrated.
Pricing and Availability
Connection with AVX2 support is included as part of Fusion and Dimension 6.4 at no additional charge for current subscription owners. Please contact sales(at)eyeonline.com or visit http://eyeonline.com for more information.
* Avid DS support available upon AVID release of DS 11 QFE1.
About eyeon Software
eyeon Software Inc. develops applications for the VFX and postproduction communities. eyeon products include Fusion™, an award-winning compositing application used on thousands of feature film and broadcast projects over the past 23 years; Generation® AM, the asset management front end desktop for visual effects, Rotation®, an advanced rotoscoping system, Dimension®, a suite of tools designed for stereoscopic and image improvement challenges, and Connection®, a bridge between Avid® and eyeon products. eyeon artists have contributed significant work to recent box office successes, such as Star Wars In 3D, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, Prometheus, Immortals, Game of Thrones, Anonymous, Captain America, Priest, Sucker Punch, Unknown, The Social Network, Gnomeo & Juliet, Chronicles of Narnia, Prince of Persia, Avatar, 2012, Alice in Wonderland, New Moon, G.I. Joe, X-Men Origins, Twilight, Iron Man, Journey To The Center Of The Earth 3D, 9, 300, Spiderman, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Happy Feet, Sin City, and thousands more. www.eyeonline.com
Digital Fusion®, eyeon Fusion®, Fusion™, eyeon Generation® AM, eyeon Dimension®, eyeon Connection®, and eyeon Rotation® are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of eyeon Software Inc. All trademarks, company names, and products are the property of their respective holders. Copyright © 1988-2012 eyeon Software Inc. All rights reserved.