The emergence of digital technologies has transformed every aspect of the professional audiovisual supply chain from content creation and post-production to distribution and consumption and created new opportunities for all stakeholders. With these opportunities also come challenges, such as more complex value chain interactions and an explosion in the number of assets relevant to commerce.
Effective monetization of these assets through an increasing number of distribution channels requires a widely adopted industry standard universal identifier registry that supports the full range of asset types and relationships between assets. EIDR provides this foundational service to all industry participants at low cost.
Helps Increase Supply Chain Efficiencies
EIDR can play a crucial role in increasing supply chain efficiencies by:
- Eliminating costly translations between proprietary ID systems.
- Lowering risks of misidentification caused by duplication and lack of ID uniqueness.
- Improving internal asset tracking.
- Improving ability to match assets and metadata from different databases, service providers, or metadata suppliers.
Enables Value Added Services
EIDR provides a set of APIs for developers of third party applications and services, such as workflow integration, reporting, and linking to enhanced metadata.
Examples of such enhanced services include :
- More granular and more accurate rights tracking and reporting down to the level of clips, composites and encodings.
- Simplified universal search and discovery.
- Detailed consumption metrics for individual assets.