Digital Rebellion LLC today announced the availability of FCS Maintenance Pack 1.2, a significant update to its popular suite of software tools to maintain and optimize Final Cut Studio and Final Cut Express systems.
FCS Maintenance Pack contains tools to repair corrupt QuickTime movies, locate corrupt clips within Final Cut Pro projects, diagnose crash logs, manage plugins, repair Final Cut Pro projects, manage autosaves, salvage movie data from corrupt files, and much more.
Version 1.2 adds Final Cut Express support along with three brand new utilities – QT Repair for repairing QuickTime files, Path Manager for managing Final Cut Studio content paths, and XML Repair for repairing XML files and converting them between XMEML versions.
In addition, File Salvage has been rewritten with a focus on batch processing and supports many new codecs, including all flavors of ProRes; Plugin Manager has a new Audio Unit validation tool; and Crash Analyzer has been updated to support over 60 different crash categories.
Show-stopping problems always seem to occur right on a deadline – FCS Maintenance Pack is designed to rapidly diagnose and fix common issues, ensuring users get back on track as quickly as possible. With the Task Scheduler utility, maintenance tasks can even be scheduled to run in the background for complete autonomy.
The applications in the suite include :
- Autosave Cleaner – Expanding on the basic autosave management in Final Cut Pro, Autosave Cleaner offers more flexibility and can remove autosaves based on additional criteria including age and file size.
It can also be set to automatically remove autosaves from the Trash so that you don’t have to keep emptying it when working on a long project.
- Compressor Repair – Finds and repairs problems that could be preventing Compressor from working correctly.
- Corrupt Clip Finder – When you have corrupt media on your timeline, Final Cut Pro will simply crash and you will not have any idea which clip is causing the issue. You face the long and arduous process of reconnecting each clip one-by-one in order to find the problematic one. Corrupt Clip Finder finds the corrupt clip for you in seconds.
- Crash Analyzer – All of us have at some point received cryptic or confusing error messages and crash logs. Crash Analyzer analyzes your Final Cut Pro logs, attempts to diagnose the cause of the crash and suggests ways to solve the problem.
- FCS Housekeeper – Trashes various caches and temporary files to keep Final Cut Studio in peak operating condition. FCS Housekeeper is even more useful when used in conjunction with Task Scheduler to run these tasks automatically.
- FCS Remover – Uninstall all Final Cut Studio components with the press of a button. Can remove the entire suite or individual applications.
- File Salvage – Salvages video frames from corrupt movie clips. Currently compatible with DV, DVCPRO50 and Motion JPEG media. The input file need not even be a QuickTime container – it can extract data from any type of file, even if it is not a movie clip.
- Path Manager – Manages the locations of user and content directories on your system. It can inform you if the extra content that ships with Final Cut Studio is missing or invalid and allow you to easily move and synchronize content.
- Plugin Manager – Plugin Manager allows you to quickly and easily organize your Final Cut Pro and Motion plugins. You can group them together, install new plugins and selectively enable and disable them – all without having to worry about where the plugins are physically located on disk.
Also includes a crash tester for discovering which plugins are causing Final Cut Pro to crash upon startup.
- Project Repair – Attempts to repair non-launching projects so that they are recognized by Final Cut Pro again. Can fix the infamous “Project is unreadable or too new for this version of Final Cut Pro” error.
- Preference Manager – Trash, lock, backup and restore Final Cut Studio preference files. Can also be configured to restore a particular set of preferences before a certain project is launched for per-project preferences.
- QT Repair – Verifies, repairs and rebuilds the structure of QuickTime movies. Also repairs invalid CLUT IDs and optionally restores trimmed or edited media. For more heavily damaged files, it can combine the movie data of the damaged file with the QuickTime structure of a working file.
- System Toolkit – A wealth of options to tweak and tune up your system, including:
– Extra launch and display options for Final Cut Studio applications
– Manage Final Cut Studio registration
– Manage QuickTime components
– Scan, repair, refresh files and remove temp files from disks
– Adjust system and per-application scaling
– Streamline your applications by removing unused languages and architectures
– Unlock hidden options in OS X
FCS Maintenance Pack is available for $129 with a 15 day trial offered to give users a complete taste of the software’s capabilities. FCS Maintenance Pack is an essential troubleshooting and maintenance tool that every post production professional should have in their toolkit.
More details about FCS Maintenance Pack are available at http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcs_maintenance.htm.