100+ Content Marketing & Social Media Predictions for 2011.
What started as something small has grown into arather large predictions party.
We saw about50 content marketing and social media predictions for 2009. For 2010, there were over100 predictions from 70 of the leading marketing experts.
This yearover 100 of the industry’s thought leaders have come together to collectively throw down the magic eight ball on what 2011 will bring for content marketing and social media.
It’s a great (and very thorough) read, and definitely worth it [Download it here].
Upon reviewing all of them, here are some of the interesting trends that kept popping up.
- Facebook will take over the world in 2011, apparently becoming an added appendage to most humans on the face of the planet.
- While content marketing was clearly accepted in 2010 as a viable marketing practice, 2011 is the year where the majority of companiesget serious about it – adding to budget, getting better at measurement, and begin to develop internal processes and staffing around the consistent creation of content.
- Marketers will becomeless obsessed with the channel (i.e. Twitter, Facebook) and get more focused on the story itself. Quality, consistent and differentiated content wins.
- Mobile Apps, gamification and 2011 as the year of theauthentic brand relationship all stood out.
- Curation,curation, curation.