The headline feature is of course the uncompressed HDMI output, something which Canon shooters have been clamouring for since the launch of the old 5D Mk2. I have also confirmed that it is now possible to use the HDMI and the LCD simultaneously.
Here is a list of the changes made with this firmware:
- Uncompressed HDMI output is now enabled.
- Enables the centre AF point to autofocus when the camera is used with Canon EF lens/extender combinations whose combined maximum aperture is f/8.
- Improves the speed of the camera’s acquisition of focus when using a Canon Speedlite’s AF-assist beam.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may freeze and display ‘Err 70’ or ‘Err 80’ when a still photo is taken during Live View or in movie shooting mode.
- Fixes a phenomenon that may occur when the continuous shooting priority setting is enabled for multiple exposures, such that, after the sixth image is taken, there is a slight pause before the remainder of the sequence is completed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the viewfinder display shows incorrect information during AEB shooting.
- Communication with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter has been improved.
- When images have been successfully transferred with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter through the FTP protocol an ‘O’ will be displayed. When images have not been successfully transferred with the WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter through the FTP protocol, an ‘X’ will be displayed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not function properly when an Eye-Fi card is used.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the focal length value listed in the Exif information is not displayed correctly for images shot with the EF24-70mm f/4L IS USM lens.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the lens firmware cannot be updated properly.
- Corrects errors in the Arabic language menu.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera changes the AF microadjustment value to -8.
- The lens compensation data for the EF24-70mm f/4L IS USM lens has been added.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the on-screen guidance cannot be fully displayed when setting the maximum limit value for the ‘Setting the ISO Speed Range for Auto ISO’ option.
Like what you read?