Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced Boris AAF Transfer, a new plug-in designed for seamless transfer of Apple Final Cut Pro sequences to Avid Media Composer. Boris AAF Transfer uses Avid’s new AMA (Avid Media Access) architecture to transfer Final Cut Pro sequences without the need for transcoding or rewrapping.
“Improved integration between Adobe, Apple, and Avid continues to be among the top requests we receive from digital media workgroups,” commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. “Our recently-released Boris XML Transfer plug-in was enthusiastically embraced for transfer of Apple Final Cut Pro program sequences to Adobe After Effects. Now, with Boris AAF Transfer, we have leveraged Avid’s new AMA architecture to facilitate seamless transfer of Apple Final Cut Pro sequences to Avid Media Composer.”
Boris AAF Transfer Feature Highlights
• Seamless Transfer of Sequences. Transfer sequences from Final Cut Pro to Media Composer – without transcoding or re-wrapping the Final Cut Pro media clips.
• Third-party Effects Compatibility. Boris AAF Transfer supports Boris Continuum Complete, Final Effects Complete, and many other third-party effects filters.
• Motion Tab Support. Boris AAF Transfer translates many of Final Cut Pro’s Motion Tab features including basic motion, crop, distort, opacity, drop shadow, and speed.
• Alpha Channel Support. Boris AAF Transfer preserves clips with alpha.
• Text Generators. Convert Final Cut Pro’s built-in text generators into Avid Title Tool effects.
• Time Effects. Boris AAF Transfer supports many of Final Cut Pro’s time-based effects.
Pricing and Availability
Boris AAF Transfer will be available in Q3 2010 for an MSRP of $299 USD or an MSRP of $399 USD when bundled with the Boris XML Transfer plug-in for Adobe After Effects. Boris AAF Transfer will support Apple Final Cut Pro 6 and higher and Avid Media Composer 4 and higher.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company’s success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony.