Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced Boris Continuum Complete 7 AE (BCC 7 AE). BCC 7 AE brings over 200 filters to Macintosh and Windows versions of Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CS5, CS4, and CS3. The new release features 11 new filters including a 3-way color grade filter with built-in keying and masking tools, a new video noise reduction tool, a spline-based warp filter, an audio-driven keyframe generator, a new OpenGL particle engine, and still and video morph technology. Each Boris Continuum Complete filter has been re-engineered to take advantage of 64-bit processing and OpenGL acceleration.
“BCC 7 AE is the next generation of our award-winning visual effects plug-in suite,” commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. “Each filter harnesses the power of multiple 64-bit processors and modern graphics cards to deliver an interactive experience for editors and compositors. In addition, BCC 7 AE delivers highly sought-after technologies such as 3-way color grading, noise reduction, audio-driven keyframe generation, and still image and video morphing.”
“BCC 7 AE is by far the most advanced release of BCC to date and represents a significant upgrade from earlier versions,” commented Ned Soltz, Contributing Editor, DV Magazine. “OpenGL and 64-bit compatibility provide faster screen redraw as well as rendering. The new 3 Way Color Grade provides options for masking as well as motion tracking an area. And my favorite addition to the collection is the Beat Reactor technology, available within a number of the plug-ins, which sets keyframes to the clip’s audio track. BCC users should not miss this upgrade. And for new users who may have shown some hesitancy in the past, now’s the time to jump on the bandwagon. BCC AE is now a fully-mature 32 and 64 bit plug-in suite.”
Boris Continuum Complete 7 AE New Feature Highlights
• Adobe CS5 Support. Boris Continuum Complete 7 AE supports CS5, CS4, and CS3 under Macintosh OS X and 64-bit and 32-bit Windows operating systems.
• BCC 3 Way Color Grade provides a professional color grading process complete with three custom color wheels for pedestal/gamma/gain adjustment. The filter includes built-in masking and keying tools to isolate areas of secondary color correction. Separate color grading can be applied to the inside and outside of a mask, eliminating an extra compositing step.
• BCC Noise Reduction smoothes out video noise using spatial and temporal information derived from the video clip – especially in dark areas of an image
• BCC Lens Blur emulates a popular lens blur or rack defocus effect where out-of-focus highlights of an image clip take on the shape of the lens shutter. The filter includes a gradient map layer to control the depth of focus.
• BCC Lens Shape is a designer effect similar to a rack defocus effect where the shape of the bokeh can be imported from an external layer.
• BCC Lens Transition is a wipe filter that applies a lens blur or rack defocus effect to the specular highlights of outgoing and incoming image clips.
• BCC Beat Reactor automatically generates keyframes based on timeline audio. In addition to being available as a standalone After Effects keyframe generator, the Beat Reactor group is built into many existing BCC filters for easy access.
• BCC Particle Array 3D creates a grid of particles oriented in 3D space. The filter fully supports After Effects’ camera and lights.
• BCC Pin Art 3D creates a pin board look based on a layer image.
• BCC Warp is a spline-based warp tool that can be used to generate a wide range of distortion effects. Native After Effects masks are used to control the warps.
• BCC Morph is a still image morphing tool designed to produce a smooth morph effect from one image to another similar image. The warps are guided by native After Effects masks.
• BCC Video Morph is a video morphing tool designed to produce a smooth morph effect from one video clip to another similar video clip.
• Other Enhancements include a split-screen preview mode for streamlined workflow and full support for Boris XML Transfer, an Adobe After Effects plug-in designed for seamless transfer of Apple Final Cut Pro program sequences to Adobe After Effects.
Pricing and Availability
Boris Continuum Complete 7 AE will be available in May 2010 for an MSRP of $995 USD. Owners of previous versions of Boris Continuum Complete AE may upgrade for an MSRP of $295 USD. Customers who purchase Boris Continuum Complete 6 AE as of April 12, 2010 will be eligible to receive a free upgrade to Boris Continuum Complete 7 AE.
Boris Continuum Complete 7 FxPlug for Apple Final Cut Studio and Apple Final Cut Express and Boris Continuum Complete 7 AVX for Avid editing and finishing systems are scheduled for release later in 2010. Customers who purchase Boris Continuum Complete 6 FxPlug or Boris Continuum Complete 6 AVX as of April 12, 2010 will receive a free upgrade to Version 7.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company’s success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony.
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!Shop Now