Blackmagic Design today announced DeckLink Studio, a new model capture card designed as a replacement for standard definition cards, with increased analog connectivity for older analog equipment as well as SDI/HD-SDI and HDMI connections for the latest cutting edge digital equipment. DeckLink Studio 2 replaces current model DeckLink Studio and adds 10 bit HDMI capture and playback for the same low price of €545.
DeckLink Studio features independent connections for SDI, HDMI, analog component, S-Video and composite video, so all types of external video equipment can remain connected without re-cabling. DeckLink Studio also includes SDI and HDMI connections that switch between SD and HD, as well as an SD only output that always outputs via a built in hardware down converter even when running in HD. The SD down converted output is great when you need to monitor your work in both SD and HD at the same time. No other product has a built in high quality hardware down converter at this low price point.
The built in 10 bit hardware down converter is selectable between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3 modes, and operates when running in all HD video formats as well as in capture and playback modes. Embedded SDI audio is supported via the hardware down converter and output on the SDI output. When running HD video formats, both S-Video and composite video are output from the down converter so video is always present, independent of what video standard is used.
Because DeckLink Studio is designed for creative professionals who have many generations of broadcast video equipment, it includes greater audio connectivity for when customers need to use older broadcast decks such as Betacam SP. DeckLink Studio 2 includes 4 channels of balanced analog audio, as well as 2 channels of AES/EBU digital audio. For extra digital audio, the channel 3 and 4 analog audio outputs can be switched to AES/EBU for channel 3 & 4 and 5 & 6 output. That provides 6 channels of digital audio output in total, and is perfect for 5.1 surround sound monitoring or multi language work.
DeckLink Studio features a 1 lane PCI Express connection that works in lower cost computers, while still retaining high data speeds, perfect for 10 bit HD video and real time effects.
While DeckLink Studio has powerful HD features, its low cost and compatibility with affordable entry level computers makes it great for SD work, and HD is included free and ready for use at any time. This means DeckLink Studio is perfect for post production and broadcast users even with the tightest budgets. No other product provides as much power for the price as DeckLink Studio 2.
When doing broadcast work, DeckLink Studio 2 has a built in SD keyer that allows RGBA graphics to be keyed over the SDI input in standard definition. If external keying is required, DeckLink Studio can also output key on the SD-SDI output and fill video on the main HD/SD-SDI output.
DeckLink Studio also features black burst and tri-sync input and a RS-422 deck control connection.
DeckLink Studio 2 Key Features
· 10 bit SDI capture and playback with full HD-SDI and SD-SDI compatibility.
· 10 bit HDMI capture and playback with HDMI audio.
· 10 bit analog component capture and playback.
· S-Video capture and playback.
· Composite NTSC/PAL capture and playback.
· Dedicated SD-SDI output for SD, down converted HD as SD out, or SD key channel out.
· SDI and analog component switches between SD and HD.
· Hardware down converter selectable for Letterbox, Anamorphic 16:9 or center-cut SD modes.
· Built in internal SD keying, or select to output both fill and key via SD/HD-SDI and SD-SDI outputs.
· 8 channels of SDI audio capture and playback in HD and SD.
· 2 channels of AES/EBU audio capture and playback with sample rate converter on input.
· 4 channels of XLR professional analog audio capture and playback.
· Genlock/Tri-Sync reference input for locking card to large systems.
· RS-422 remote control for broadcast decks.
· PCI Express plug in card at 2.5 Gb/s speeds for maximum real time effects.
· Real time effects in Apple Final Cut Pro™ and Adobe Premiere™ Pro.
Availability and Price
DeckLink Studio 2 is available now for US$695 or €545 from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide.