MacWorld 2009, San Francisco, CA, USA – January 7, 2009 – Blackmagic Design Inc.
today announced DeckLink Studio, a new model capture card specifically designed
as a replacement for standard definition cards, but with increased analog connectivity
for wide compatibility with older analog equipment as well as SD and HD-SDI for
the latest digital equipment. DeckLink Studio replaces the entire Blackmagic
Design standard definition product line while also adding HD support, at much
DeckLink Studio features independent connections for SDI, analog component, S-Video
and composite video, so all types of external video equipment can remain connected
without re-cabling. DeckLink Studio also includes SDI connections that switch
between SD and HD, as well as an SD only output that always outputs via a built
in hardware down converter even when running in HD. The SD down converted output
is great when you need to monitor your work in both SD and HD at the same time.
No product on the market today has a built in high quality hardware down converter
at this low price point.
The built in 10 bit hardware down converter is selectable between letterbox,
anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3 modes, and operates when running in all HD
video formats as well as in capture and playback modes. Embedded SDI audio is
supported via the hardware down converter and output on the SDI output. When
running HD video formats, both S-Video and composite video are output from the
down converter so video is always present, independent of what video standard
Because DeckLink Studio was designed as a replacement for Blackmagic Design’s
standard definition product range, it includes greater audio connectivity for
when customers need to use older broadcast decks such as Betacam SP. DeckLink
Studio includes 4 channels of balanced analog audio, as well as 2 channels of
AES/EBU digital audio. For extra digital audio, the channel 3 and 4 analog audio
outputs can be switched to AES/EBU for channel 3 & 4 and 5 & 6 output. That provides
6 channels of digital audio output in total, and is perfect for 5.1 surround
sound monitoring or multi language work.
DeckLink Studio features a 1 lane PCI Express connection that works in lower
cost computers, while still retaining incredibly high data speeds to the computer,
so it’s perfect for HD video and real time effects.
While DeckLink Studio has powerful HD features, it’s designed to be a perfect
choice for customers who only need SD support. Its low cost and compatibility
with affordable entry level computers makes it a perfect choice for SD, and if
HD is required at any time, DeckLink Studio will instantly switch to HD video.
This means DeckLink Studio is the perfect solution for post production and broadcast
users even with the tightest budgets. No other product provides as much power
for the price as DeckLink Studio.
When doing broadcast work, DeckLink Studio has a built in SD keyer, that allows
RGBA graphics to be keyed over the SDI input in standard definition. If external
keying is required, DeckLink Studio can also output key on the SD-SDI output
and fill video on the main HD/SD-SDI output.
DeckLink Studio also features black burst and tri-sync input and a RS-422 deck
control connection for broadcast decks.
DeckLink Studio Key Features
· 10 bit SDI capture and playback with full HD-SDI and SD-SDI compatibility.
· Analog component capture and playback.
· S-Video capture and playback.
· Composite NTSC/PAL capture and playback.
· Dedicated SD-SDI output for SD, down converted HD as SD out, or SD key channel
· SDI and Analog component switches between SD and HD.
· Hardware down converter selectable for Letterbox, Anamorphic 16:9 or center-cut
· Built in internal SD keying, or select to output both fill and key via SD/HD-SDI
and SD-SDI outputs.
· 8 channels of SDI audio capture and playback in HD and SD.
· 2 channels of AES/EBU audio capture and playback with sample rate converter
· 4 channels of XLR professional analog audio capture and playback.
· Genlock/Tri-Sync reference input for locking card to large systems.
· RS-422 remote control for broadcast decks.
· PCI Express plug in card at 2.5 Gb/s speeds for maximum real time effects.
· Real time effects in Apple Final Cut Pro™ and Adobe Premiere™ Pro.
Availability and Price
DeckLink Studio is available now and in stock for only US$695 or €545 from all
Blackmagic Design authorized resellers worldwide.