In time for NAB 2019, Blackmagic Design releases new firmware for their yet to be shipped URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2. Yes, new firmware before the actual camera is in your hands. This is all about NAB. Blackmagic Design is putting the features they want to show off into the camera days before most of the world actually gets to see it. I list the added features and changes further down this post.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2
As I expect, URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2s may be in the hands of a few select cinematographers and those cameras likely need to be updated. those shooters are likely to talk about the update in time for, or during, NAB. Either way, who cares. This is great for the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2. The camera is getting long sought after features and settings many URSA Mini shooters have been asking to have in camera for a while. Like the ability to select ISO at 1/3 stop increments instead of the usual 200, 400, 800, 1600, or 3200 ISO settings. This update, if anything, shows Blackmagic Design is listening to their customers. Check out some beautiful footage shot from the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2. Those high frame rates look great.
What’s new in Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.3
New support for URSA Mini Pro G2
- Add slow-mo frame rates up to 120 fps in 4.6K Blackmagic RAW.
- Add windowed rates up to 150 fps in Ultra HD Blackmagic RAW.
- Add windowed rates up to 300 frames in HD Blackmagic RAW.
- Add frame rates up to 120 fps in Ultra HD ProRes.
- Add windowed rates up to 240 fps in 2K and HD ProRes.
- Add common off-speed frame rate options above slider.
- Add ability to embed custom LUTs in Blackmagic RAW clips.
- Add touch-to-focus for EF, PL and B4 lenses with focus servo.
- Add ability to change ISO in 1/3 stop increments and ISO slider.
- Add Generation 4 color science and HDR LUTs.
- Add USB-C Recording to flash disks.
- Add support for pixel recalibration on black shading in camera.
- Add ability to adjust Line level audio.
- Add quick media switching from the heads up display.
- Add ability to remap the HFR button.
- Add ability to disable function and HFR buttons.
- Add LUT icon to Status Text overlays.
- Add ‘PRE icon to Status Text overlays for preset timecode.
- Improved auto focus performance.
- Improved media formatting user interface.
- Added URSA Mini Pro G2 information to URSA Mini Manual.
No new features in 6.3 for other camera models.
Minimum system requirements for macOS
- macOS Mojave 10.14 or better
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 or better
- A suitable USB 2.0 port
- Thunderbolt port for UltraScope and Media Express when using Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
Minimum system requirements for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
- A suitable USB 2.0 port
- A suitable Thunderbolt port when using Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
Installing Blackmagic Camera Utility
Before installing the software on Windows, we recommend that you run “Uninstall Blackmagic Camera Setup” first.
The Blackmagic Camera Installer package installs:
- Blackmagic Camera Setup
- Uninstall Blackmagic Camera Setup
- User Manuals
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!Shop Now