Blackmagic Design congratulates the 2019 Oscar-nominated films and the professionals whose hard work and creativity helped bring them to life. Blackmagic Design is honored that its products, such as URSA Mini Pro, DaVinci Resolve Studio and Fusion Studio, were used on groundbreaking films including “A Star is Born,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” and Marvel Studios “Avengers: Infinity War.” Essentially, a whole lot of DaVinci Resolve love this award season.
Oscar-nominated films that used Blackmagic Design products include:
- Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Infinity War” used DaVinci Resolve, UltraStudio, Smart Videohub 40×40, DeckLink Quad 2, DeckLink Mini Monitor and a variety of converters for on set work by DIT Kyle Spicer;
- “BlacKkKlansman” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Tom Poole at Company 3;
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Greg Fisher at Company 3;
- “The Favourite” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Rob Pizzey at Goldcrest Post;
- “Green Book” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio at FotoKem;
- “Hale County This Morning, This Evening” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Dave Francis of Technicolor PostWorks;
- “Minding the Gap” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Tyler Roth of Company 3;
- “A Quiet Place” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Stefan Sonnenfeld at Company 3;
- “RBG” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Ken Sirulnick of Glue Editing & Design, along with using Fusion Studio for stabilizing work;
- “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Natasha Leonnet at EFILM;
- “Solo: A Star Wars Story” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Joe Gawler of Harbor Picture Company;
- “A Star is Born” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio by Stefan Sonnenfeld at Company 3; and
- “Vice” graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio at FotoKem.
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to www.blackmagicdesign.com.
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!