AJA Video Systems v1.1 firmware for HELO, now available, streamlines live streaming, encoding and recording content.
HELO is AJA’s affordable and flexible new H.264 streaming and recording stand-alone appliance. HELO brings both SDI and HDMI I/O into a single appliance with the ability to simultaneously stream out to your Content Delivery Network (CDN) as well as encode and record l H.264 files to either SD, SDHC or SDXC cards, USB storage or NIFS or CIFS mounted network based storage simultaneously. HELO is available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for $1295.
The firmware update now made available extends functionality of the system. HELO v1.1 release highlights include:
- A recording and streaming scheduler that can be programmed locally through HELO’s web UI by importing ICS files or linking to external calendar providers such as Google Calendar
- Simultaneous redundant recording of one file to two media destinations
- Increased recording file segment duration of 360 minutes for TS (transport stream) files
- Support for up to 10 RTSP streams
- REST API documentation describing how to automate basic HELO functions
- Automatic power-on start encoding to stream and/or record
- Auto-reconnect and resume after streaming disconnect
- RTP and MPTS over UDP streaming with unicast and multicast support
- Expanded support for Content Delivery Networks (CDN) and appliances
- AWS Elemental Live encoder appliances and AWS Elemental Cloud
- Amino set-top boxes
- Wowza Appliance and Cloud
- Akamai and Akamai hosted services
Find more about AJA’s HELO following the link.