Not since the advent of the first motion picture camera have we seen a single technology affect filmmaking like the HDSLR. It has not only affected how we make movies, but who can make movies as well. We are now endowed with the opportunity to create motion pictures with all of the quality and beauty that studios produce.
HDSLR Coalition now challenges you to shoot a digital film that awesomely showcases the creative capabilities of this new technology. The theme of the video contest is “The 18th Hour”. It’s the most glorious time of day, when people shed their work shackles and flood the streets, highways and skies on their personal quests, to do what they choose, to go where they want to be, to live their lives! This magic hour occurs once daily between the hours of six and seven pm…that time is the 18th Hour.
The rules are simple. Using an HDSLR (any camera technically referred to as a digital single lens reflex camera that shoots either 720p or 1080p HD video), capture your narrative or documentary short. Your project can be set in any single or multiple places, but your story must occur and be shot between 6 and 7PM. You can shoot the entire video in one day, or across several days.
How to Join:
- Join HDSLR Coalition’s 18th Hour vimeo group at http://vimeo.com/groups/18thhour.
- Create your digital film using a HDSLR adhering to the theme between 6 & 7PM.
- Your entry should be no more than three minutes and thirty seconds.
- Upload your video to vimeo and add it to the vimeo 18thhour group.
- Fill out our entry form (free to enter) and sign it using electronic signature.
- Deadline for entries is 12/31/2010 at 12 midnight PST.
- Adherence to the theme.
- Mastery of the HDSLR medium: winning videos will push the limits of the HDSLR innew and innovative ways.
- Overall creativity of the entry, the story and the method of storytelling.
- Judges will be HDSLR Coalition’s Founding Editors.
For more information, or pose questions, please visit the contest Web page:
The Contest Rules Are HERE
Filmmakers go-to destination for pre-production, production & post production equipment!Shop Now