How are emerging technologies and innovations in digital media, from the web to 3D to mobile and social media, changing the way we tell stories — stories that are not confined to a single narrative medium but told across a variety of platforms? A diverse panel of industry leaders kicked off the summit with their perspectives on transmedia, cross platform storytelling, audience engagement, storyworlds and franchises. This introduction will provide an overview of current trends in the creation of all media content today — from television and film to publishing, music and marketing.
- Alex McDowell, (Fight Club, Minority Report, Man of Steel) Founder 5D
- Brian Seth Hurst, The Opportunity Management Company, Inc
- Kathy Franklin, Lightstorm Entertainment (Avatar)
- Pablo Frasconi, USC School of Cinema
- Zak Kadison, Blacklight
- Alex Ben Block, Hollywood Reporter