PROMISE Technology, Inc., a leader in providing high-performance storage solutions for the rich media market and the leader in designing cutting-edge Thunderbolt™ enabled devices, today announced VTrak Monitor™ a mobile software application on iOS powered devices for its flagship line of enterprise-class VTrak Ex30 storage solutions for big data applications.
VTrak Monitor is a revolutionary mobile application that enables customers who have deployed PROMISE VTrak Ex30 systems to remotely monitor their systems through an iPhone, iPod or iPad device. The PROMISE VTrak Monitor is destined to become a trusted companion to monitor VTrak Installations either on the go or inside the data center.
“This newly added feature for our VTrak series dramatically expands the ease-of-use and flexibility our customers have come to trust and rely on,” said Alice Chang, CMO, PROMISE Technology. “This new mobile app is another example of our long-standing commitment to simplify storage management and enable our users to be able to monitor and manage their deployments from anywhere in the world. By delivering this App on the popular iOS platform, PROMISE is demonstrating our continued commitment to invest in technologies that ease the pain points in managing large storage infrastructures with simple yet powerful user interfaces.”
Key features of PROMISE VTrak Monitor App include :
- Summary Page provides health status of all the components like controllers, disks, power supplies, etc. So it is quick and easy to locate any area of interest during monitoring
- Device View offers enclosure level view of the system including Front/Back views and internal component view
- Events enables the user to get a view of all system events
- Configuration Page helps drill down in to the storage array configurations and locate the different enclosures, physical drives, arrays, logical drives and spares in a system
- Support Page enables direct access to free worldwide 24 X 7 Promise technical support by placing a call or sending email thru the app
- For additional configuration and management of the system, the management page enables the user to directly access the web-based interface of the system within the app
PROMISE VTrak Monitor will be available for demonstration at the upcoming createasphere entertainment technology exposition, November 2-3, Burbank Marriott, booth #504. From its rich portfolio of storage solutions developed for AV, media and entertainment and creative professionals, PROMISE will also be showcasing its internationally award winning line of Thunderbolt enabled storage solutions: SANLink, the industry’s first Thunderbolt™ to Fibre Channel Adapter; PROMISE Pegasus line of high-performance RAID solutions featuring new Thunderbolt technology and PROMISE VTrak® x30 Series, the only qualified storage solution for Apple’s Mac OS X.
Pricing and Availability
PROMISE VTrak Monitor app is available free of charge. It can be accessed in two ways:
Download from: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vtrak-monitor/id474709426?ls=1&mt=8
Or, Using iTunes software, which is installed on either your PC or MAC, follow these easy steps:
1. Launch iTunes
2. Click on “iTunes Store” on the left hand side of the navigation area.
3. Click on “App Store” on top of the screen and search for “VTrak Monitor” in the edit box which says ‘Search Store’