The digital signage market is investigating the use of 3D for real-world installations. Insight Media University announced a one-day workshop to address the principle questions: the Who, What, Where and Why of 3D in digital signage. The workshop, “Demystifying 3D: The Complete Guide to Autostereoscopic 3D Display Technology,” will be held at the upcoming Digital Signage Expo on February 22, 2011 in the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The 3D workshop covers all aspects of glass-free 3D, including the displays, content creation, configuring and integrating the solution, and understanding which applications and venues are best for 3D technology. Geared toward dealers, system integrators, content creators, network operators, advertisers, and communications managers, this course has no prerequisites and enables virtually anyone to get up to speed on all the key issues and decision points for this market opportunity quickly. The workshop is organized into four 90-minute modules.
The modules are:
Autostereoscopic and Advanced 3D Displays
Content Creation for Stereoscopic & Autostereoscopic Displays
System Integration for Autostereoscopic Display Solutions
Autostereoscopic Market Opportunity
Attendees will gain the skills to understand the technology behind AS-3D, the methods to assemble a successful solution and the business opportunities that can and should be addressed.
The full Digital Signage Expo will be held February 23 through 25.
Register for the 3D Workshop online at: https://www.compusystems.com/servlet/ar?evt_uid=320
The schedule is as follows:
9:00 AM Intermediate Autostereoscopic and Advanced 3D Displays
You will learn how an autostereoscopic display creates a glasses-free 3D image and which companies are providing this technology to the digital signage industry; what types of files are used and how they are played; and what other technologies are in development that could be used in DOOH applications.
• Gain a basic/intermediate level of understanding of autostereoscopic 3D displays
• Learn about the stereoscopic 3D R&D activities and find out who’s leading the way in AS-3D commercial products
• Find out about the advanced volumetric and light field solutions and how they stack up against other AS-3D technologies
11:00 AM Intermediate Content Creation for Stereoscopic and Autostereoscopic Displays
You may well have experienced both good and bad 3D in the cinema, but may not have known what factors are at play in the creation of 3D content. We will look at the ways 3D content is created and provide useful “how-to” information about deploying good 3D on a digital signage solution.
• Gain a basic/intermediate level of understanding of types of 3D content best suited for AS-3D solutions
• Understand the various methods on 3D content creation and how those capture techniques effect the impact of the final image on viewers
• Learn how image processing and conversion is done and the effects that can have
• Gain an understanding of the solutions in the market and how to utilize these providers
1:30 PM Basic System Integration for Autostereoscopic Display Solutions
You will learn how to capitalize on the 3D craze by gaining an understanding of how to incorporate autostereoscopic displays into a digital signage network; learning about the key companies in this market; and examining the deployments of some early adopters.
• Understand basic building blocks of a digital signage solution
• Understand how to build a successful AS-3D solution and avoid mistakes
• Learn how to find the right partners and suppliers
• Drive home learning with concrete case studies
3:30 PM Basic Autostereoscopic Market Opportunity
This workshop will provide you with the information you need about the market for 3D digital signage by looking at venues such as shopping malls, casinos and others to understand the business potential of autostereoscopic displays. This session will culminate with our ground breaking forecast for this emerging market.
• Learn the business models and fundamentals of an AS-3D solution
• Understand key value propositions
• Gain profiles of the market needs, solutions and opportunities in a variety of venues/applications
• Have the knowledge to make targeted business decisions on market entry and strategy