Many, many years ago I wondered if we were going to get some good filmmaking apps for the iPhone. That was 4 years ago and it didn’t take long for some timecode calculators to enter the store. Now there’s a whole website devoted to iOS filmmaking tools. A timecode calculator is still one of the most useful things on an iPhone and the makers of Panoptik Timecode have offered a a few free codes for our readers to get a copy of their good ole timcode calculator app.
Panoptik makes Timecode, a $6.99 app on the App Store. It’s not the cheapest timecode calculator on the App Store but it’s definitely one of the most elegant with a very well designed interface. There’s support for all the frame rates you’d expect as well as film. A swipe to the left reveals the history which can be shared by email, SMS or a copy. The only thing missing is an IN / OUT duration calculator.
Many different frame rates are supported.
Here’s the feature list from Panoptik website:
- Over 10 different preset formats
- Over 11 preset frame rates and units
- Unique, elegant user interface makes calculating timecode and footage a pleasure
- View your previous calculations in the log
- Mix any units you desire. From feet to frames to HD to PAL to NTSC to IMAX and beyond!
- Simply double-tap on the display to reveal format and frame-rate options
The history log can be emailed or SMSed for easy data transfer.
The guys from Panoptik have been nice enough to provided us with 5 codes for a free copy of Timecode for Editblog readers. Unfortunately this blog post missed the sale that was running through NAB but the freebie codes are still good! The first 5 emails to DELETED AS ALL THE FREE CODES ARE GONE. THANKS FOR READING will get a code emailed back to redeem on the App store for a free copy of Timecode.