The tide is turning in professional video, and Adobe’s momentum is strong: We are driving innovation in our products and winning market share. Recent surveys also show a significant increase in positive brand perception for Adobe Premiere Pro among pro video users – particularly since the CS5 launch. For these reasons and many more, video pros are switching to Premiere Pro and Creative Suite Production Premium in record numbers.
I think Jim Guerard, vice president and general manager, Professional Video, said it best, “Our current installed base for Premiere Pro alone is well over 2 million worldwide. This makes Adobe the clear industry leader in video editing and in the entire video content creation workflow. Just like Adobe Photoshop has been the gold standard in digital imaging for many years, Adobe Premiere Pro is on a clear path to become the ‘Photoshop of video’ – the industry standard all professionals rely upon.”
Adobe’s pro video sales momentum is dramatically outpacing general industry growth as well as that of our competitors.
Consider these statistics:
• 22% year over year growth (the highest in the industry)
• 45% growth on Mac (fueled by people switching from Final Cut Pro)
• Growth from less than 1 million seats in 2006 to 2.3 million in 2010
• 30% increase in unit sales from CS4 to CS5
We have a clear advantage in five areas where Adobe has led in innovation:
• Native file-based workflows (eliminating the need for transcoding and rewrapping)
• Mercury Playback Engine in Adobe Premiere Pro
• The richest Metadata support in the industry
• Multi-screen distribution
• Integration – among other Adobe apps and even through “Open Workflows” with Avid and Apple products
The Mercury Playback Engine in Adobe Premiere Pro, in particular, has been the transformative technology that has accelerated our ability to capture market share and is responsible for convincing many video pros to switch to Adobe.
Jim Guerard has recorded a vision video where he discusses the massive shifts happening in the industry today, how Adobe is responding through rapid innovation, and the company’s pillars of focus moving forward. We invite you to watch it and let us know what you think.