As DaVinci Resolve has continued to evolve as a non-linear editing tool many editors have been curious about how it stacks up in a crowded NLE market. Scott Simmons had as well, and while he had done a few smaller jobs in Resolve he hadn’t taken on a full, paid client edit … until now. These are some notes, both good and bad, that he’s made over his time editing in Resolve 15.
- • The decision to do the creative, craft edit in Resolve vs. other NLEs
- • Setting up for the edit and understanding some of the challenges when “switching”
- • Preferences, settings, switches and buttons to understand before you begin
- • A few of those things to love in DaVinci Resolve for creative editorial
- • Random thoughts and musings from cutting in Resolve over several weeks