Roland Systems Group (RSG) released software updates for their popular Digital Mixing Consoles – the M-400 and M-380 V-Mixers. V-Mixer software update Version 2.1 for M-400 and Version 1.1 for M-380 add S-4000M functionality as well as a number of user-requested features. The V-Mixer is one of the four components of the V-Mixing System that also includes Digital Snakes, Personal Mixers and Multi-channel Recording.
In addition to user interface enhancements, some added key features include :
- Control and configuration of the S-4000M Merge Unit directly from the VMixer. The Merge Unit allows up to four Digital Snake heads to be merged into a REAC stream where the V-Mixer recognizes it as single REAC slave unit. This important technology enables distribution of multiple input/output units around a location, venue or stage for flexible V-Mixing System configurations.
- Select whether to mute AUX sends and/or Direct Outs when input
channels are muted. Ideal when you do not want to mute sends to record
or monitor position independently of house sound.
- Adjust gate and compressor parameters using EQ area control knobs.
- Access to three user fader layers.
- Patchbay assignment icons have been changed to show signal flow
The software is a free update and can be downloaded from the Roland Systems
M-400 and RCS Software Version 2.1
M-380 and RCS Software Version 1.1
REAC (Roland Ethernet Audio Communication) is Roland’s original technology for low latency, high quality digital audio transfer. Products using REAC technology are installed today in many venues and have been used for high profile events worldwide. REAC’s innovative technology provides many system advantages including superior audio transfer, outstanding sound quality, and cost effective simple installation.
About Roland Systems Group
Roland Systems Group U.S. (RSG) supplies the commercial and performance audio/video industries with application specific equipment from the RSS audio and EDIROL video product lines. These product lines address applications for houses of worship, studios, clubs/casinos, theaters/performing arts centers, production houses and rental and staging companies. Roland Systems Group U.S. is headquartered in Bellingham, Washington. RSG is a member of the worldwide group of Roland companies. For more information, visit www.rolandsystemsgroup.com or call 800.380.2580.