This should come as no surprise to anyone. AJA is the first hardware vendor to release drivers for Final Cut Studio 3 and Final Cut Pro 7.Not just drivers that work with FCS3, but drviers that include support for the 3 new flavors of ProRes [Apple ProRes 422 (LT), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy)? and Apple ProRes 4444] for all Kona cards. Great job AJA!!
(Grass Valley, California–July 29, 2009) AJA Video Systems, a leading manufacturer of professional video interface and conversion solutions, has released a new software version for its popular KONA line of video playback and capture cards: KONA LSe, LHe, LHi and the top-of-the-line KONA 3.
The KONA family is AJA’s line of 10-bit uncompressed capture and playback cards for video and audio input and output on the Mac platform. The version 6.5 software provides support for the new Final Cut Studio and Final Cut Pro 7 as well as Apple’s new ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy), and ProRes 4444 formats, and is available for download free of charge to current KONA users.
“We are incredibly pleased to be able to offer this new software upgrade to KONA users,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video. “AJA’s collaborative partnership with Apple has allowed the company to keep up with customer demands for support for the newest creative tools and digital file formats.”
New KONA 6.5 Software Upgrade Features:
- Closed Captioning support for Final Cut Pro 7, MacCaption, VTR Xchange and AJA TV via QuickTime Closed Captioning Tracks (KONA 3, LHe, LHi and LSe)
- Full VANC data capture and playback support on a per-frame basis for all Apple ProRes formats
- Support for new Apple ProRes formats (requires Final Cut Pro 7):
?- All KONAs support new Apple ProRes 422 (LT), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy)?
and Apple ProRes 4444
?- KONA 3 additionally supports 10bit RGB/Dual Link capture and playback? path using Apple ProRes 4444
- Expanded KONA LHi support:?
– Display of timecode in the Control Panel
– HDMI/DVI detection of colorspace/protocol??
– Downstream Keyer added (DSK)?
– LTC input implemented?
– Analog audio output monitoring selection implemented??
– HDMI audio input channel selection?
– HDMI input/output auto-detection?
– 8 Channel HDMI audio output?
- Support for Avid DNxHD QuickTime file playback and video output ?(KONA 3, LHi and LHe)
- Support for AVC-Intra QuickTime file playback and video output ?(KONA 3, LHi and LHe)
- Support for Cineform 3D QuickTime file playback and video output ?(KONA 3)
Follow this link for the full press release and more details on the 6.5 drivers. I’m very curious to know just what that line about support for Avid DNxHD means. Could we see Kona cards working with Media Composer sometime in the future?!?! We’ve put together some great bundles with the Kona LHi card and FCS3 upgrade and full version.