Hosted by: Department of Community Health Sciences and MPH for Health Professionals Program, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health / Weinreich Communications / Transmedia for Good SoCal
- Networking Reception: 5:30-6:30pm
- Panel Discussion: 6:30-8:00 pm
Join us for a free Social Media Week reception and panel that will explore different forms of transmedia storytelling, as it has been used to promote health and social change, as well as for educational purposes.
The event will include an interactive panel discussion among individuals who have been involved in creating some of the most innovative recent transmedia projects for good:
- Mark Warshaw – Co-Founder/Chief Transmedia Officer, The Alchemists
- Ken Eklund – Creative Director/Game Designer, Writerguy
- Monica Brasov-Curca – Founder, Pax Manifesto
- Mark Horvath – Founder, Chief Evangelistic Officer, Do-Gooder and Loudmouth, Invisible People
- Nedra Kline Weinreich (Moderator) – President, Weinreich Communications
The event is geared toward those interested in applying transmedia storytelling principles to health, social, environmental and educational issues, whether through nonprofits, public agencies, universities or other groups that want to change the world for the better.
For more information and to reserve your spot, please register at the Social Media Week site: http://bit.ly/SMWTransmedia4Good
Directions: From the 405 freeway, exit Wilshire Blvd East towards Westwood. Once on Wilshire, move to the far left lane. Turn left on Westwood Blvd and drive straight onto campus. Turn right at the third light, Charles E. Young Drive, then left at the first light leading to Parking Structure 9. The Neuroscience Research Building (NRB) will be on your right. Parking is $12. Metered parking is also available in Lot 8 (turn left from Westwood Blvd before Lot 9) or on the streets of Westwood Village, which is a few blocks away.