proDAD, the acclaimed developer of digital video effects and image enhancement technologies today unveiled a new innovation called Defishr – an automatic video fisheye corrector application for Windows® which is highly effective at removing the warp and perspective (compression) distortion caused by very wide angle camera lenses on GoPro-type action cameras, DSLR cameras fitted with wide angle lenses, and even mobile phones with wide angle lenses. Fisheye is most commonly introduced to video shot on these types of cameras when the camera pitches up and down, which causes the video to appear warped or bent.
Defishr is as easy to use as it is effective. To remove fisheye from a video clip, a user simply drags a video clip into the Defishr app, select the camera model that recorded the video from a drop-down list and the fisheye distortion is instantly corrected. Want more correction options? Defishr includes a suite of manual lens correction tools to fine-tune the lens angle, zoom, even rotate the video and correct minor camera placement problems. If a user’s camera & lens combination is not in the list of camera profiles, Defishr includes an innovative camera calibrator tool, which can be used to create a custom camera profile. Corrected video is rendered and exported from Defishr in industry standard formats.
Defishr key features at a glance
- Fully automatic fisheye perspective distortion correction; ideal for Improving video shot from action cams during mountain biking, skiing, surfing, motorsports, aerial videography, and more;
- Easy to use; no complicated multiple apps needed to manually remove fisheye distortion;
- Corrects warp in video and also still images;
- Ships with camera profiles for popular cams from GoPro® (including new Hero 3 series), Contour, CamOne®, Samsung®, Apple®, and many others;
- Included Camera Calibrator utility for creating a custom camera profile or if a user’s camera/lens combination is not in the supported list;
- Advanced manual correction options for users who need to rotate their video or want to fine-tune their video further. Lens angle, zoom, pan, and other parameters can be manually adjusted to correct minor camera placement problems;
- Original & corrected video is previewed side-by-side to see the results;
- Corrected video is rendered and exported in industry standard formats;
- Stand-alone Windows Application; fast and easy to setup and use. Compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
“Finally action camera users, professional wide-angle lens users and simply ‘all videographers and photographers’ have a simple solution for removing unwanted distortion from otherwise good video” said Andreas Huber, proDAD’s Managing Director. “Defishr is by far the easiest and most effective video and photo de-warp solution currently available and it’s quite affordable too.”
Price & Availability
proDAD Defishr is currently available as an electronic download from the proDAD online shop and popular resellers or an introduction price of $79.00. Physical boxed product will be available from Amazon.com. Learn more at www.prodad.com
OEM Inquiries Welcome
proDAD develops and distributes innovative video effects solutions for creative video editing and multimedia applications. Founded in 1990, the company serves the international market with numerous renown, and award winning products including Adorage® and VitaScene® video effects products, Heroglyph® video titling, and Mercalli® video stabilization + rolling-shutter correction plug-ins. proDAD cooperates, on the developmental level, with leading creative software developers including Adobe, Apple, AVID, COREL, Grass Valley, MAGIX, and Sony. proDAD’s headquarters are situated in the southwestern German town of Immendingen, Germany, and maintains branch offices in the US and Japan.