Createasphere will again present its intensive, career-oriented Post Production Master Class (PPMC) in New York and Los Angeles. PPMC NY is set for September 27th at the New Yorker Hotel and PPMC LA will take place November 8th during Createasphere's Entertainment Technology Expo at the Burbank Marriott.
The Post Production Master Class is a one-of-a-kind event focused on the evolving post production process, facing shifting demands, trends and technologies. The event offers rare access to thought leaders who discuss their points of view about what's happening now and what will happen to the professional post production community in the near future. As production, on-set, pre-production, visual effects and global interactivity continue to evolve, so too will post production. The PPMC presents highly regarded experts who share their knowledge and experience and give attendees a road map to navigate this volatile but exciting career path. The small group atmosphere allows exceptional access to these professionals and the peer-to-peer nature of the class encourages lively interaction.
In addition to the educational sessions, there are Tech Spotlights, presented by the industry's top technology providers. The expertise of the presenters offers attendees the ability to have in-depth discussions of the latest technology affecting the evolving discipline of post production.
Session and speaker highlights in New York include:
- Post Production for Spots: Delivering on the Idea - Meet the fearless producers from New York agencies who take ideas from concept to delivery for advertising campaigns. MindSmack Executive Producer Kwesi Collisson with Director Antoine Manceaux will discuss their recent international spot for Non-Stop Energy Drink, shot in Hong Kong. Twist Comedy Director Matt Pittroff will discuss how he has executed his creative vision for Cannonball's extensive and ongoing commercial campaign for Amerista, and Producer Aaron Royer adds his perspective from numerous spots and campaigns. Moderated by NYCPPNews Founder and long-time industry journalist Dan Ochiva.
- A Colorful Conversation: Meet the Colorists - A panel of top colorists take an in-depth exploration of the changing pathway to the images that capture our attention. Speakers include Will Cox, co-founder of Final Frame; Lenny Mastrandrea, DI Colorist and Head of Department at Nice Shoes; and Tim Stipan, colorist, Technicolor-Postworks.
- Talent, Story, Time and Technology: Television Post Production New York Style - Spend time with television producer Brad Carpenter as he discusses the production and post strategies that bring Showtime's Emmy-winning Nurse Jackie to the screen each week. Matthew Schneider, Technology and Business Development Director at Technicolor-PostWorks, will moderate a spirited look at the ways Manhattan post houses keep up with the city's busy television production hub.
- The Evolving Post Production Career - A roundtable of post production professionals who will thoughtfully discuss where we are as an industry and where we need to go. Speakers include Marcelo Gandola, President, Post New York Alliance and Senior VP Deluxe Content Creation Group; Terry Brown, CTO, MegaPlayground, Matthew Mallinson, AllCreative NY; Glenn Allen, Co-Founder/VFX Producer/VFX Supervisor, Brainstorm; Richard Friedlander, Co-Founder/VFX Producer, Brainstorm; editors from ACE; facility owners; VFX producers and more.
Session and speaker highlights in Los Angeles include:
- Behind The Scenes In Award Winning Storytelling: The Oscar Panel - Join the editor, post supervisor, and visual effects supervisor from an Oscar worthy project and learn how choices are made and how workflow and tools impact the process.
- What Does the Future Hold, and the changing career path for post production - join the top leaders in post production for a serious look at the future and what pathways lie ahead for post production professionals.
- How Visual Effects Tools are Changing Everything - Meet the creatives who have fully embraced and benefitted from a new treasure chest of affordable tools and see how to incorporate them into your work.
- From Set to Editorial: A Keynote Conversation - An intimate conversation with a celebrated editor and cinematographer.
Los Angeles speakers include; Larry Chernoff, MTI Films, Norm Hollyn, USC; Ramy Katrib, Digital FilmTree; Phil Linson, AFI; Thomas Tannenberger, Gradient Effects; Tom Vice, nextLAB; Josh Rizzo, VP Technology for Technicolor/Slate Media. More speakers will be announced.
The PPMC in both cities is sponsored by the PNYA, HPA, ACE, ASC, and registration is only $45. For more information, please call 818.842.6611 or visit http://provideocoalitionexpo.com/ppmc.
Createasphere is the premier business development partner for technology enabled entertainment, marketing, and communications organizations. We advance careers and technologies by connecting world-class professionals globally online and in person.
Createasphere was founded in 2001, and over the past decade has grown into a global company that in 2011 produced seventeen events over three continents as well as five websites. Createasphere became part of Diversified Business Communications in 2008, and now drives their entertainment, media, technology strategies and properties division. Currently, Createasphere produces the Entertainment Technology Expos in Los Angeles; the Digital Asset Management Conference in New York, Los Angeles, and Europe; The DAMMY Awards in New York; the Executive Marketplaces for Houses of Worship in Los Angeles and Chicago; Post Production Master Classes in New York and Los Angeles, the Digital Process Workflow Lab and the online news and content portals ProVideoCoalition.com, DamCoalition.com and ProPhotoCoalition.com.
Connect with Createasphere on: