Digital Juice®, the highly acclaimed developer of digital content and professional camera gear and accessories today announced the release of Spyder Pod. The Spyder Pod is an innovative Vehicle Camera Mounting System that features ratcheting mechanical joints, industrial grade suction cups and variable length mounting rods for an unprecedented level of ease of use.
"Shooting video from a moving vehicle can be a challenge, but if done well it can add tremendous impact to your shots and increased value to your production," says Viv Beason, President of Digital Juice. "Until now, vehicle camera mounting systems have been expensive, ungainly, complicated, risky to use, unattractive to look at - or all of the above. We believe our approach is innovative, attractive, easy-to-use, reliable and a tremendous value for the money!"
SIx non-slip mechanical locking joints on the Spyder Pod's camera base plate allow for a near-infinte number of shooting angles for your camera with up to 225 degrees of precision placement on any vehicle. Positive locking dials are made from high-quality stainless steel and are carved from a solid piece of metal using precision CNC milling machines. Unlike other camera car mounting systems that use friction locks and require constant torque and pressure to maintain position, Spyder Pod's mechanical locking system does not. A user simply applies a nominal amount of pressure to tighten the dials that lock the unit's mechanical ratchet joints into place.
Spyder Pod's base plate features a combination of nine ..." non-threaded, eleven ¼-20 and one ..." threaded mounting holes for safely securing industry standard equipment such as cameras, articulating arms, lights, monitors and more. The unit contains three each of the 12", 6" and 3" solid aluminum mounting rods, which are interchangeable and can be screwed together to position Spyder Pod at a variety of distances and angles from a vehicle.
Attaching Spyder Pod to a vehicle is a snap and accomplished using the three vacuum-actuated industrial grade 4.75" suction cups. Each suction cup features a rotating ball joint that allows the rest of the unit to be attached to a vehicle at a variety of different angles. The built-in low suction indicator helps to insure that Spyder Pod, and its valuable cargo, remain securely attached to your vehicle. The butterfly knobs used to tighten the ball joints are easy to operate and made from high-quality CNC milled aluminum.
A comprehensive safety kit is included with the Spyder Pod system. It includes two additional suction cup anchors and a variety of safety straps and strap anchors to provide additional security for the camera should the Spyder Pod come loose or be dislodged during operation. Spyder Pod works with all types of cameras up to a maximum weight of 50 pounds. Users can secure a camera to Spyder Pod using either a standard dovetail plate, ball head or high hat kit that is directly attached to the unit's base plate.
- Spyder Pod: camera base plate with three leg attachment joints; three 3", three 6" and three 12" solid aluminum legs; three suction mount units (one for each leg), each in its own black soft cloth bag
- Spyder Pod Safety Kit: 2 suction mount safety anchors (each in a red soft cloth bag); 3 variable length safety straps, 2 pinch strap anchors, 2 velcro anchor straps & 2 carabiner anchor straps (all contained in 1 grey soft cloth bag)
- Spyder Pod Carry Bag: Attractive cylindrical carry bag has detachable padded shoulder strap, zippered full access top lid, padded top carry handle and nine cloth loops around inner edge to hold the leg extension rods
- Materials: precision-machined high-grade aluminum and stainless steel (legs & camera plate), sealed spring-loaded ball bearing positive locking ratchet joints (camera plate), soft cloth suction mount carry bags, vacuum-actuated industrial-grade 4.75-inch rubber suction cup mounts, heavyweight nylon polyester fabric & sueded leather (carry bag and straps)
- Dimensions: 13" height x 8.5" diameter / 33cm height x 21.6cm diameter (Complete Spyder Pod Kit in Carry Bag)
- Weight: 15 lbs/ 6.8kg (Complete Spyder Pod Kit in Carry Bag); 3 lbs/ 1.36kg (Spyder Pod camera base plate); 1 lbs/ .45kg (Spyder Pod suction cup mount); 2.2 lbs/ 1kg (Spyder Pod Safety Kit - straps & anchors); .6 lbs/ .27kg (Spyder Pod leg extension rod - 12"); .4 lbs/ .18kg (Spyder Pod leg extension rod - 6"); .2 lbs/ .09kg (Spyder Pod leg extension rod - 3"); 3 lbs/ 1.36kg (Spyder Pod carry bag)
Pricing & Availability
The new Digital Juice Spyder Pod Vehicle Camera Mounting System can be ordered through Digital Juice's online store at (www.digitaljuice.com) and retails for $1,499.95 but can be purchased in special offers for as much as 30% off. Check the website for details on specials.
About Digital Juice®
Digital Juice® is the world-leader in royalty-free broadcast animation content for video, motion graphics and multimedia professionals. Digital Juice® products are in use in nearly every major studio, broadcast, and cable station including NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, HBO, CNBC, Fox News, and countless high profile television shows such as American Idol and the Grammy Awards. The company provides royalty-free animations, music, stock footage, organic film effects, graphical fonts, layered Photoshop® illustrations, After Effects® project files, plug-ins and production gear to a wide variety of video, motion graphics, print and web enthusiasts. The company is known for its extremely high quality and innovative content as well as for its aggressive and affordable pricing.